The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do! – Steve Jobs
What is website design?
Our definition of website design is the planning, creating and updating of websites.
Website design elements include:
- navigation ergonomics
- website layout
- imagery (photography)
At Chick-a-Dee Photo & Design, we combine these elements together to create websites that meet the goals set by the client. Our process involves the following steps:
- Consultation – This is the most important step to creating a website. We meet with the client to strategize and develop a plan that will determine what elements are needed in the website such as:
- functionality – what functions do you need the website to perform ie. e-commerce, application forms, membership registration, informational site only, etc.
- layout and design – one page vs. multiple page layout/design, blog vs. informational, etc.
- budget – knowing what the client is able to set as a budget will determine the size and functionality of the website. The worst thing to do is to make a website plan that is out of reach ‘cost-wise’ for the client.
- Research and Website Template – Once we have consulted with the client to find out their needs and wants, a website template is drawn up to create a skeleton of what elements the website needs to include. This way, no information or functionality is missed which saves time and money at the end of the project.
- Choosing Website Design Theme – Clients select website themes that we have identified as a ‘best fit’ for their needs. We use a vast network of website developers from whom we purchase high quality themes. By using pre-built, customizable, high-quality themes, we can reduce the costs associated with websites.
- Design and Upload of Completed Website – The client will have access to the website staging area where they can follow the developmental stages of the site as well as offer input or ask questions regarding the look and functionality. Once the client is satisfied with the staging site, we then upload to the ‘live’ domain.
Other services that we also assist with include:
- Domain purchase and activation – we do not host websites but will assist our clients with choosing domain names, purchasing domains, where to host their site and the costs associated.
- Social Media linking – social media is a dominant component in online marketing. Our company can assist clients with setting up new or connecting current social media accounts with their websites. We do not manage social media accounts, however we can suggest applications or programs that can manage social media posts.
Website Maintenance Services
Website maintenance is an integral part of keeping your website working properly. Many people don’t realize the benefits of site maintenance and this can greatly impact the longevity of your site. Without proper updates and maintenance, your content gets old, your domain name may expire which if not managed could be bought by someone else, links can get broken, images can disappear, content gets old or irrelevant and/or search engine rankings fall. Websites that do not work, look old or outdated lose companies money!
Chick-a-Dee Photo & Design won’t leave you hanging, we offer various website maintenance plans that will help keep your website current and up-to-date. Remember….it costs more to fix than to maintain!
Visual concepts created by computer software to communicate ideas that inspire, inform or captivate consumers. The development of the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines, marketing material, etc.
Chick-a-Dee Photo & Design strives to be your ‘one-stop-shop’ design company. The following process ensures the relationship with the client is positive and productive.
- Consultation with client to determine marketing requirements, offer suggestions and establish budgetary guidelines.
- Manage client proposals from typesetting through to design, print and production.
- Developing concepts, graphics & layouts for product illustrations, company logos and websites.
Our company tries to offer the small business clientele affordable marketing services. Here is a list of some of the design projects available:
- Business cards
- Event tickets
- Website graphics
- Presentation Folders
- Magazine Ads
- Website Ads
- Signage – Vinyl Banners, Coroplast, Sintra
- Window Clings
- Pull-up Banners
- Email Marketing Campaigns
Visual presence doesn’t just mean a logo. Chick-a-Dee Photo & Design can help your business showcase a visually impactful identity from online to print. Consistent design from website to business cards to signage can create a strong, confident commercial presence.
With a solid description of your business and your thoughts on where you want your business to go, we will create something that will bring your concept to life.
What Print Services do we offer?
We try to accommodate any type of print services and there are many not listed below so please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
You can supply your own graphics* in the following formats: Photoshop | Illustrator | Indesign | Print quality PDF | Vector files (.eps) | High Resolution JPEG *Charges may apply if provided files need to be resized or edited to ensure high quality print results.
You don’t take a photograph. You make it. – Ansel Adams
The following services are available:
- Image Editing – enhancing/editing original digital files for personal or commercial needs.
- Architectural HDR Photography
- Product Shots
- Fine Art Sales – coming soon!
- To see a list of the highest quality professional photo products available with the most options, click here.