What is website design?
Our definition of website design is the planning, creating and updating of websites.
Website design elements include:
- navigation ergonomics
- website layout
- imagery (photography)
At Chick-a-Dee Photo & Design, we combine these elements together to create websites that meet the goals set by the client. Our process involves the following steps:
- Consultation – This is the most important step to creating a website. We meet with the client to strategize and develop a plan that will determine what elements are needed in the website such as:
- functionality – what functions do you need the website to perform ie. e-commerce, application forms, membership registration, informational site only, etc.
- layout and design – one page vs. multiple page layout/design, blog vs. informational, etc.
- budget – knowing what the client is able to set as a budget will determine the size and functionality of the website. The worst thing to do is to make a website plan that is out of reach ‘cost-wise’ for the client.
- Research and Website Template – Once we have consulted with the client to find out their needs and wants, a website template is drawn up to create a skeleton of what elements the website needs to include. This way, no information or functionality is missed which saves time and money at the end of the project.
- Choosing Website Design Theme – Clients select website themes that we have identified as a ‘best fit’ for their needs. We use a vast network of website developers from whom we purchase high quality themes. By using pre-built, customizable, high-quality themes, we can reduce the costs associated with websites.
- Design and Upload of Completed Website – The client will have access to the website staging area where they can follow the developmental stages of the site as well as offer input or ask questions regarding the look and functionality. Once the client is satisfied with the staging site, we then upload to the ‘live’ domain.
Other services that we also assist with include:
- Domain purchase and activation – we do not host websites but will assist our clients with choosing domain names, purchasing domains, where to host their site and the costs associated.
- Social Media linking – social media is a dominant component in online marketing. Our company can assist clients with setting up new or connecting current social media accounts with their websites. We do not manage social media accounts, however we can suggest applications or programs that can manage social media posts.
Website Maintenance Services
Website maintenance is an integral part of keeping your website working properly. Many people don’t realize the benefits of site maintenance and this can greatly impact the longevity of your site. Without proper updates and maintenance, your content gets old, your domain name may expire which if not managed could be bought by someone else, links can get broken, images can disappear, content gets old or irrelevant and/or search engine rankings fall. Websites that do not work, look old or outdated lose companies money!
Chick-a-Dee Photo & Design won’t leave you hanging, we offer various website maintenance plans that will help keep your website current and up-to-date. Remember….it costs more to fix than to maintain!