Zoom adds new encryption features for a safer user experience.
Good news for all you Zoom users! Zoom 5.0 has beefed up their security and added much needed encryption features to its app.
Here is a list of updates to Zoom 5.0. For more details or to download the updated version of Zoom, please click here click here to go to their blog.
1. AES 256-bit GCM encryption
2. Report a User feature
3. New encryption icon
4. Enhanced data center information
5. Enhancements to ending/leaving meetings
Additional security enhancements
A few other recent Zoom security updates include:
- Profile picture control: Account admins and hosts can disable the ability for participants to show their profile picture and also prevent them from changing it in a meeting.
- Minimum password length: The minimum default password length will be six characters for meetings, webinars, and cloud recordings.
- Cloud recording security: Admins and meeting hosts can set expirations on their cloud recordings and can disable the sharing of their recordings.